Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > MaxiDiag Elite > MD802 > auto scan feature not working
auto scan feature not working

2472 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2014-03-22 14:17:24

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    joesimons
    2014-03-01 16:37:09
     I recieved my md802 today and I have updated the tool . After plugging in my truck and entering the scan option in the main menu and entering my vehicle info the "select an option " screen that has the auto scan, control unit and vehicle information options per the manual does not apear. Is the manual inacurate? The manual says to run the auto scan to get to save vehicle record screen than on to diagnostic operation all these seem to not be working . also froze up many times. I am very frustrated with this tool and any help will be greatly apreciated. The obd2 option from the main menu seems to be working but not the auto scan.

•   Level 4   
    (171) points
    garyr

2014-03-03 07:53:21 (Reply to:joesimons)

joe check to see the size of sd card that came with tool if its 4gb that may be your problem with updates my 8gb card went to 7.4 used original card was 4gb which I downloaded to pc and transferred to 8gb card then updated. the update some times deletes older cars so I keep the 4gb in safe place just in case tried it on different cars old and new works fine you may have to re format card and put the original back on I have them on pc if you need them or get in touch with support on forum      

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    joesimons
    2014-03-03 11:14:14 (Reply to:garyr)
     I have the 4 gb card but only updated the cars I have. Still have plenty of room left on card not sure what to do.

•   Level 4   
    (171) points
    garyr

2014-03-04 10:30:32 (Reply to:joesimons)

for £5-7 get a 8-16gb card and then update all you will then have for most cars and should put the other problem right.

cheers gary

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    ivantewus

2014-03-18 14:03:19

Hi All, 
         I have the same problem here. Bought mine in 03/05/14, formatted a new Sandisk 16GB SD, downloaded latest SW from Autel site and selected all Makes and Models.

Problems:
    1) '00 Honda CRV EX - OBDII works with no com error but would NOT Scan?!
    2) '06 Lexus IS350 - Same as above?!
    3) '09 Benz C350 Sport - Scanned but reported 1st error at 41K miles but my odo is only 31K?!

As a first time customer, very disappointed to say the least.....was told it's SW issues, no ETA when it will be fixed...

Sad,
    Ivan

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    ivantewus

2014-03-22 14:17:24 (Reply to:ivantewus)

Hi All,

Guess what? Out of frastration of NOT getting much help from Autel resolving the NON Auto-Scan feature, I uninstalled the latest  codes and then reinstalled the ones prior for Honda and Lexus.

Right now, I can scan both '00 CRV and '06 IS350 but with no LIVE data capability?!  

If any Tech Support is reading this posts:

Q1) Are the latest codes with LIVE data only work on cars 2009 and newer? It seems to be that way in my case.

Q2) I am still waiting for an explaination as to why the reported mileage different on my W204 C350.

(Scanned but reported 1st fault occurred at 41K miles but my odo is only 31K?)

So sad....

Total1 Pages